Are you interested in doing a Marketing & Communication internship with us in our office in Quito, Ecuador? We might be looking for you! On this page you’ll find more information about our company, the type of internship and the ideal candidate for this position. We are currently looking for an intern starting in February 2020 for a minimum duration of 5 months.
This page was last updated on: 21-08-2019
ADORE ECUADOR TRAVEL
Adore Ecuador Travel is a tour operator that offers both complete customized travel itineraries as well as fixed (multiple) day tours. We are a small young Ecuadorian company (founded in 2017), led by 2 experienced Dutch owners. We are an online tour operator – we receive customers in our office only occasionally – located in the centrally located financial district of Quito. We receive passengers from all over the world, but mostly from The Netherlands, Belgium, the USA and Canada. We have years of experience in the tourism branch in Ecuador as well as in guiding interns on site. As a company our main focus is to offer personalized and high quality services.
As one of the most ecologically diverse countries in the world, Ecuador is a playground for all types of travel. Nowhere else in the world can you climb a glacier-peaked mountain one day, hike through a cloud forest the next and end up at any number of white water rivers in the Amazon Basin. In addition there are the beautiful pristine coasts on the Pacific Ocean and the incredible Galapagos Islands. The capital Quito is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a vibrant and cultural city!
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
We are looking for a motivated student to support our team with our communication and marketing activities. It is a full-time (40 hours a week) internship, spread over the days Monday to Friday. The tasks of our intern consist of, but are not limited to:
- Composing and translating tour descriptions
- Optimalising the online visibility of our website
- Optimalising our online visibility on other platforms (such as TripAdvisor)
- Contributing to the development of our corporate identity
- Managing our social networks and platforms
- Writing articles for our blogs
- Uploading new tour descriptions to and maintaining our website
- Making videos about our tours and destinations within Ecuador
- Administrative tasks
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- Can work independently, is organized and has a keen eye for detail
- Is a senior or graduate Communication student (or similar study)
- Is fluent in both written and spoken Dutch and English
- Has preferably also a minimum knowledge of Spanish
- Is talented at writing attractive content
- Has an extensive knowledge of SEO
- Has experience with WordPress and social media
- Has experience with making and editing videos
- Is available for at least 5 months
WHAT WE OFFER
- An instructive internship – with lots of responsibility – in a small dynamic company
- Room for suggestions to improve our processes and overall service
- Regular 1-to-1 contact moments with a Dutch supervisor
- An induction week with Spanish lessons and activities to get to know the city
- Discounts on tours when traveling in your free time
- Help with finding accommodation in international student housing or host family
- Advice on arranging and/or extending your visa
Please send your application and resume via email to Margot Gommers (email@example.com) or contact us for more information!
Want to know more about working with us? Read Monica’s blog about her internship with us.