Are you interested in doing a Tourism internship with us in our office in Quito, Ecuador? We might be looking for you! On this page you’ll find more information about our company, the type of internship and the ideal candidate for this position. We receive interns any time of the year for a minimum duration of 4 months.
This page was last updated on: 31-07-2018
ADORE ECUADOR TRAVEL
Adore Ecuador Travel is a tour operator that offers both complete customized travel itineraries as well as fixed (multiple) day tours. We are a small young Ecuadorian company (founded in 2017), led by 2 experienced Dutch owners. We sell both online and in our walk-in office in the tourist district of Quito. We receive passengers from all over the world, but mostly from Europe (The Netherlands), the USA and Canada. We have years of experience in the tourism branch in Ecuador as well as in guiding interns on site. As a company our main focus is to offer personalized and high quality services.
As one of the most ecologically diverse countries in the world, Ecuador is a playground for all types of travel. Nowhere else in the world can you climb a glacier-peaked mountain one day, hike through a cloud forest the next and end up at any number of white water rivers in the Amazon Basin. In addition there are the beautiful pristine coasts on the Pacific Ocean and the incredible Galapagos Islands. The capital Quito is a UNESCO World Heritage Site is considered the cultural capital of South America.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
We are looking for a motivated student to support our team with our sales, operations and marketing activities. It is a full-time (40 hours a week) internship, which can be spread over the days Monday to Sunday. The tasks of our intern consist of, but are not limited to:
- Selling tours
- Making reservations
- Managing our social networks and platforms
- Writing articles for our blogs
- Composing and translating tour descriptions
- Promotion in nearby hotels/hostels
- Participating in our emergency phone schedule as contact person for travelers and providers
- Administrative tasks
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- Can work independently, is organized and has a keen eye for detail
- Is a senior or graduate student in Tourism (or similar study)
- Is fluent in English and intermediate in Spanish
- Is available for at least 4 months (preferebly 6 months)
- Has great communication skills
- Has affinity with WordPress and social media
WHAT WE OFFER
- An instructive internship in a small dynamic company
- Regular 1-to-1 contact moments with a Dutch supervisor
- Induction week with Spanish lessons
- Discounts on tours when travelling in your free time
- Help with finding accommodation in international student housing or host family
- Advice on arranging and/or exteding your visa
Please send us your application and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and do not hesitate to contact us for more information.